Playful and Fun, Non-violent Communication, Education with Empathy
Please select from the following:
Preschool, full-time: 2-5 years – drop off program
Private Effective Empathy Parenting sessions offered with Director
Opening hours: 8.00am-5.00pm from Monday through Friday for the NFS Preschool Programs (2-5 years old). We do not currently have an infant drop-off program.
Organic food included: Daily lovingly prepared, fresh organic, vegetarian snacks and meals are included in the NFS Preschool Program tuition.
Setting: NFS is a small, multi-age program, in a residential, cozy setting with up to 12 students. The teacher to student ratio is 1:3-4 in the NFS Preschool Program.
Potty training: Kids 3 yrs+ need to be potty trained. Children 2 yrs+ receive potty training help for an additional monthly fee in the NFS Preschool Program.
Year round program: Observation of most major holidays.
Sick policy: For the health and safety of the whole community, a strict illness policy is observed. Kids with a communicable illness such as a severe cold, cough will have to stay home for the first 3 days after the onset and be fever free for 24 hours. Any child with signs of Hand, Foot, Mouth disease and confirmed by the doctor will have to stay home for 1 week after the onset. Please have a back-up plan available for your child’s sick-times. The following are links to give you more info about H.F.M. disease:
Pre-NFS experience; once a week, 1 hour:
Spielgruppe = Parenting+Play group for Toddlers with Parents
- Wednesdays 4.30-5.30 pm (currently not being offered)
- Toddlers 16 mos – 30 mos old with their caregiver
- Enjoy our friendly German language and German/American culture
- Be invited to NFS events such as hiking, beach outings and seasonal events such as the Easter/Spring fest, Lanternwalk and Christmas/Nikolaus fest, graduation and much more
- Experience the NFS setting and director Karin Kachler, learn about connection based parenting and ask parenting questions
- Sing and learn German songs, do rhythm and musical exercises in German
- Participate in activities, do arts and crafts
- Participate in group games and enjoy social time
- Explore our play areas with your child (water, sand, grass, paints, mats, blocks, various toys)
- Enjoy seeing daily images of the NFS Preschoolers on the private Whatsapp group
- September through June
- $15 per 60 min class, once a week
NFS Preschool (2-5 yrs old); drop-off, daily
Our connection based education with neuro-developmentally optimized play-learn structure engages all senses of the precious children at NFS, who become empathetic learners, environment loving and caring world citizens.
NFS students really enjoy the personal connection and attachment to our teachers and the subjects taught.
Learning to speak German is easy and super fun with our method, even for Non-German speakers.Several preschool age students who did not have a German speaking parent and no prior knowledge of German, tested “fluent” at the Benjamin Franklin Elementary school in Glendale, after only 4- 6 months at NFS. This is a sizable advantage in the placement for a space in this highly sought after German immersion magnet school.
Parents who practice mindfulness and empathy, non-violent communication, who appreciate organic food and an environmentally conscious education fit the NFS program very well.
2) Full Day program
- 8.00am – 4.00pm Mo-Fr
- optional participation in: Kinderklasse – enrichment and afterschool program for K-2 students on select days (open to students 4 yrs+)
Visiting NFS and Waitlist
Please go to the “Admission” page to register for a TOUR and/or request placement on the waitlist if applicable.
We look forward to meeting your family including your children!
Thank you for your interest.